10.1.09

Weekly Obsession: Womanizer Cover

I admit that back in the day when Britney Spears released her first cd ...Baby One More Time, I was a fan. To my credit I was only 10 years old at the time. Since then, we've seen much questionable behavior from Ms. Spears, but it is undeniable that her new song "Womanizer" is catchy as hell. As my taste has evolved I don't particularly like her song (that is unless I'm drunk and dancing at the bar). So I bring you my obsession of the week, much better covers of this song.



Exhibit A: The All-American Rejects


Exhibit B: Lily Allen
  • This is by far my favourite cover, mainly because I have been obsessed with Allen's Alright Still, for a long time and it is holding me over until It's Not Me It's You drops on February 10.

Exhibit C: Knatterjak
  • This Tumblr blog features some pretty cool covers, and I encourage you to take a listen to more on the site.



Exhibit D: Cosmic Elf
  • Okay so this version kind of creeps me out, but flashing pics of Obama to go with the "superstar where you from?" lyrics is kind of cool.

Know of any other really good Womanizer covers? Let me know!

No comments: