30.12.08

My Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I think I took more risks in 2008. Transferred schools, moved into a house with complete strangers and was somewhat more spontaneous.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make new years' resolutions last year, but I have made a bunch for 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I didn't attend any funerals, and I'm pretty sure no one died.

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada this year

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I bought a lot of stuff in 2008, but I would like to have organization in my life.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into Ryerson, it was my dream school so I was pretty excited about that.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not always being myself, in the end it meant I actually found myself but for a while I wasn't always sure

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was pretty healthy this year, had some sort of viral thing in october but nothing else.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
That's a hard question. I was pretty materialistic in 2008... so either my Matt & Nat bag, or my Cole Haan shoes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don't really know

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Likewise.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, booze and shoes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Toronto...

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Anything from the Mamma Mia soundtrack... good times have been had while singing along to it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder?
Happier

ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner... goodbye Frosh weight!

iii. richer or poorer?
richer but not by much.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had read more

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I drank too much last year

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas in Brooks with my grandparents from Ontario.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope.

23. How many one-night stands?
anyone that really needs to know that already knows the answer.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes or Gossip Girl

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I generally don't hate.

26. What was the best book you read this year?
umm.... I read most of Jan Wong's China.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kings of Leon and Mayday Parade

28. What did you want and get?
I wanted nothing more than to get into Ryerson and got it.

29. What did you want and not get?
I can't ask for a lot.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sex and the City or Mamma Mia

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 19. I got a birthday shrine from Day & Meg (best present ever), had cupcakes with them, then cake with my floor. Drank a lot... Went to Ollie's and we'll leave it at that.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving to Toronto

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
kind of boring... i wore t-shirts and jeans in Ottawa then my work uniform all summer.

34. What kept you sane?
realizing that no matter what my family would support what I did.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really know...

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole coalition government talks

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone in the Calgary, and then since moving ever from Carleton.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of amazing people this year. I don't remember what life was like before Kaitlyn though.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That you can't be happy unless you treat yourself properly and most of all if you aren't yourself.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The whole song "The Scene and Herd" by Relient K pretty much sums it up.

No comments: