27.12.08

Holding Myself Accountable -- New Years Resolution '09

Overall theme -- Be better to myself
This part year I haven't always been treating myself properly.
This year I vow to:

  • In my love life, I am entering a douchebag free-zone. No more getting involved with douchebags, and instead doing what is right for me.
  • Be healthier -- I went veg. in 2007, and don't always eat properly. I need to make more meal plans, stop taking the easy route on meals and try new foods. I also want to become slightly more refined and cut out more animal byproducts. I also want to experiment in vegan baking, and experiment more in the kitchen.
  • Take more effort in my daily outfits. I get into schlumps when getting dressed and have been working on refining my wardrobe. I want to try taking at least a few daily clothing outfits and incorporating more accessories into my outfits.
  • Find an exercise regime that is right for me. Without the motivation of my former bath-roommates in res, I haven't been very good about getting to the gym. I haven't regained my frosh weight, but I haven't been working out at all. This year I want to try and find ways that I will actually work out; I'm part of a curling team on Sundays now, and might try taking a new yoga class once the semester commences.
  • Read more. Since I started university (and maybe the last few years of high school) I haven't been reading for myself. Apart from the daily paper and assigned readings I barely crack open a book. I plan on making a list of books I want to read and making myself read more. This will mean turning off my computer earlier at night and using that book light I invested in last year more often.
I think that is pretty much everything, let me know about your new years resolution, and stay posted to see how I do with mine!

No comments: